Yay, September!!!! My little sister turns 30 this month. I’m so excited you’d think its me turning 30. I’m trying to convince her to have a photoshoot before the day, hehhe. Sucks that I may not get to see her since we live one billion miles apart, but I know she’s going to have an amazing day. Anyways, I digress. My theme for September is wellness. “Wellness is generally used to mean a healthy balance of the mind, body and spirit that results in an overall feeling of well-being.” So what do I plan to do?
- Meditate. I started on the first and I really want it to become a natural part of my daily routine
- Cut out junk. It’ll be hard – not because I eat a lot. But when I get intense cravings [usually sugar] they just have to be satisfied. I plan to eat lots of greens [I actually love my greens – I just get lazy about going shopping for them]. And then I’ll keep up my water drinking. I think of all the people I know, I [naturally & without effort] drink the most water daily.
- Yoga. I’m going to start yoga all over again. I’m going to find a 15-20 minute program I can practice everyday. Any longer and I just get tired and stop halfway, *lol*
- Sleep very well. Reading Arianna Huffington’s “thrive” has helped me realize how important sleep really is. I always knew it was important, but when you read about research findings that back up all the claims, it further seals it. It elongates your lifespan, helps your brain, makes you more productive, makes you more attentive, and just generally makes you a better person. Everyone should aim for a minimum of 7 hours a night, but 8 hours is even better.
- Read read read! I’m currently reading 3 books [call me crazy]. One is romance, one is personal finance, one is wellness. I read whichever I’m in the mood for and will probably keep going that way until I’m done.
- Just be happy. Celebrate little victories. Work hard. Thrive. Work on my relationships. Focus on the bigger picture. And I will not sweat the small stuff.
Do you have any plans/goals for September? Share!